Mobile Pantry Guide
Mid-South Food Bank Partner Agency or Corporate Sponsor
Mid-South Food Bank's Mobile Pantry is a method of direct client distribution in an organized format managed by the Food Bank in partnership with an Agency that acts as the host site. The Mobile Pantry utilizes refrigerated vehicles to provide significant quantities of food including fresh produce and frozen meat. Mid-South Food Bank highly recommends representatives from a new host site visit a Mobile Pantry distribution at least 24 hours in advance to see how it works. A list of existing Mobile Pantries can be found on our Mobile Pantries page.
Mobile Pantry Checklist
- Mid-South Food Bank Partner Agency (or other 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations or churches)
- Large parking lot, ideally one that allows cars to be off the street and has a separate entrance and exit
- Minimum 10-20 volunteers
- The ability to make copies of the Client Eligibility Form
- Tables to be set up outside for distribution
- Agencies are responsible for volunteer recruitment.
- Guaranteed minimum of 10 volunteers, 20 is better
- Must be 16 y/o or older
- Proper attire is recommended because distribution happens whether raining or sunny.
- Volunteers are needed one hour before distribution for setup and one hour afterward for cleanup.
- Masks are required but not provided; gloves are provided as available.
- Host sites will receive the Client Eligibility Form via email (available in Spanish).
- Copies of the Client Eligibility Form should be made based on the number of households expected to be served, plus extras.
- Volunteers hand out forms to each household at distribution or pre-registration.
- All household representatives must show a valid ID with current address or document showing address (i.e. driver’s license, utility, or other bill).
- No more than 2 households per vehicle allowed.
- A representative or volunteer should collect all registration forms at the distribution and send/deliver to MSFB.
- All current Food Bank Partner Agencies: Client data should be in Pantry Trak no later than the 5th of the following month.
- An agency may require ONLINE pre-registration in order to restrict the number of households served due to lack of space or other considerations.
- Links to pre-registration forms must be submitted to MSFB at least one week prior to the distribution date.
For more information on how to host a Mobile Pantry, please contact Director of Agency Partnerships and Programs Lakeisha Edwards at email@example.com