Mid-South Arts Against Hunger Food Drive
Nov. 18 - Dec. 13. Collection boxes will be at each location. Patrons are encouraged to bring donations of non-perishable food items - preferably jars of peanut butter, cans of veggies, cans of fruits and chicken/tuna. Below are art centers accepting donations to help fight hunger.
1) Orpheum Theatre and Halloran Centre for Performing Arts and Education - Anyone attending a performance is urged to bring donations. Offering free admission to the holiday movie, It's a Wonderful Life on Monday, Dec. 9th, with a special visit from Santa, in exchange for at least three non-perishable food items. Drop off food items (three items per ticket is suggested) the night of the screening, or at the Downtown box office Monday-Friday. Doors open night of screening at 6 p.m., movie starts at 7 p.m.
2) Theatre Memphis - Anyone attending a performance is urged to bring donations.
3) Brooks Museum - Offering $1 off admission per one donation item.
4) Dixon Gallery & Gardens - Free admission when you bring 4 or more canned donations.
5) Playhouse on the Square - Anyone attending a performance is urged to bring donations.
6) Blues Foundation & Blues Hall of Fame
7) Ballet Memphis
8) Opera Memphis
9) Arts Memphis