Food Resource Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Donor Relations Status: Full-Time FLSA: Non-Exempt Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday Some overtime as needed
Job Summary: Responsible for increasing the amount and variety of food available to MSFB Partner Agencies by developing and retaining food donation from local sources i.e., manufactures and growers, and maintaining and enhancing our national food donations through Feeding America. Additional activities include tracking, evaluation and recognition of food donors.
- Expand food acquisition program by calling on food companies, wholesaler, distributors, agricultural community and other food related industries in order to increase overall food donations to MSFB.
- Maintain regular communication with Feeding America’s product sourcing department for updated information and background on national partners.
- Stay current on changes in the food industry and use information to help develop local solicitation strategies to maximize possible donations of food. Keep management informed of issues that will require long-range attention.
- Offer professional customer service that will attract new and repetitive food donations.
- Help to engage and involve the manufacturing and agricultural industry in MSFB’s Mission
- Maintain regular contact with all current and previous donors, to keep them informed with needed information or updates MSFB.
- Maintain a regular program of researching and developing a food donor prospect list calling and prospective new donors in order to solicit donations and involvement with MSFB.
- Attend food industry events including local and regional trade shows and association meeting and network conferences as required.
- Develops a standard process plan for food solicitation
- Utilize a donor tracking system to run donor reports for tracking trends and volume, and donor acknowledgement.
- Ensure data integrity through timely updates and enhancement of the donor records
- Maintain an activity/phone call log
- Meet quota of weekly “out in the field” sales calls
- Provides personal follow up or recognition for food donors
- Produce weekly activity report on new and existing donors
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, visitors, management, staff and board of directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years sales experience (preferably within the food and grocery industry)
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong writing, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to travel, current valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Highly motivated and possess a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain organized and detailed records and report on outcomes/results
- Proficient in creating and maintaining computer generated database programs; ability to learn inventory software program
- Acceptance of food banking philosophy
MSFB Mission: We change lives by eliminating hunger in the Mid-South.
MSFB Vision Hunger to Hope
MSFB Values: Accountability, Collaboration, Dignity & Respect, Diversity, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Service, Stewardship, Urgency
To apply, stop by the office at 239 South Dudley Street, Memphis, TN 38104 during the hours of 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Or, download an Application Form and return it completed to the email address: HR@midsouthfoodbank.org