Through June 30, when you get your teeth whitening procedure done at the office of Chris Cooley, DDS, the cost (tax-deductible) benefits Mid-South Food Bank's Food for Kids Weekend BackPack program. Hundreds of dental practices professionally whiten teeth to raise money for seriously ill, disabled & underprivileged children in local communities and globally in association with the Crown Council. In 2018, Dr. Cooley's office donated over $17,000 through Smile for Life participation to LaRose Elementary in Memphis. This year proceeds will help food-insecure children receive help. Learn about the Food for Kids Backpack Program here.
Cooley D.D.S. - 7938 Wolf River Blvd Germantown, TN 38138 (901) 754-3117
Meals On A Mission
The Fresh Market
The Fresh Market stores in Shelby County (9375 Poplar Ave, 835 South White Station Rd, 2145 Union Ave) is raising funds through three fundraisers during May; 100% of collections go to Feeding America and of this, 90% benefits Mid-South Food Bank.
.•Meals on a Mission Fund Drive: This is a month-long donation collection at checkout where cashiers will ask guests if they would like to “Round Up” their bill to the nearest dollar or “donate another dollar amount” to Feeding America.
•Meals on a Mission Cupcakes for Mom: with the purchase of a $3 gourmet cupcake, kids can decorate it for Mom on May 11 and 12 at 4 p.m. & $1 from each purchase will go to Feeding America. Guests can also purchase bakery decorated gourmet cupcakes from the cold case all day with the same donation..
•Meals on a Mission Food Fair: On May 18-19 from 2-4 p.m., visit the Fresh Market's “booths” and purchase “fair-like” foods that will benefit Mid-South Food Bank.
Kroger Scan Cards: Zero Hunger Zero Waste
Kroger's Zero Hunger Zero Waste is the national program to reduce food waste and fight hunger. In the Memphis area, this includes scan cards with all contributions going to Mid-South Food Bank.
Feed the Need Scan Cards
Also at Cash Saver, Superlo and Miss Cordelia's. Feed the Need Scan Cards are available for you to add to your bill at checkout. The contributions help Mid-South Food Bank fight food insecurity in the region.
Facebook Birthday Fundraiser
1. Facebook allows you to set up a birthday fundraiser one month prior to your actual birthdate.
Set up a birthday fundraiser on Facebook in just a few quick steps:
- Click "Fundraisers" in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click "Raise Money"
- Select "Nonprofit/Charity" and search for Mid-South Food Bank
- Add a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create
2. Through Our Website, Email email@example.com and /we'll add a special link to our donation page for you to share with friends and family. We can leave your link up for up to one month and can give you a report on how much was raised.
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice - Mid-South Food Bank.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Questions? Learn more about AmazonSmile
Great American Milk Drive
A $5 online donation - milklife.com/give - delivers a gallon of fresh milk to a family.
Kroger Community Awards
HELP MID-SOUTH FOOD BANK EVERYTIME YOU SHOP AT KROGER
Thanks to the Kroger Community Rewards program, shopping for food can easily help MSFB feed neighbors facing hunger.
- Go to the Kroger website and sign in or create an account (if creating a new account, have your Plus Card ready).
- Click "My Account" on the right side of the screen.
- On the left side of the screen, click "Community Rewards."
- On the Community Rewards page, click "Enroll"
- Search Mid-South Food Bank
- Click "Enroll"
- Each time you check out, the cashier will scan your Plus Card and Kroger will automatically donate a percentage of your total to MSFB.
The Kroger Community Rewards Program gives back to nonprofit organizations every year. As a Kroger customer, you can designate Mid-South Food Bank as your nonprofit of choice. (Remember, you must renew your organization every year to continue your support.) There are zero fees to sign up, and it adds nothing to your grocery bill ﹘ all you have to do is continue shopping at Kroger.
round up; $1 from sales of a Pampered Chef's rotating cooking item benefits Mid-South Food Bank
Fitness App Enables MSFB to Cash in on Your Exercise Routine
Charity Miles is an exercise app that works double-time, tracking mileage and raising money for different causes. All users need to do is turn up the volume and go. The iPhone and Android apps are free. Anyone can earn money for charities with pure mileage. Bikers earn 10 cents per mile while walkers and runners can earn 25 cents a mile for charities.
Mid-South Food Bank 239 S. Dudley 38104 8:30 - 5:00 M-F
Beth Shalom Synagogue 6775 Humphreys Blvd. 38120
Drop off in the main foyer Tue – Fri 8 a.m.– 4 p.m. Sat 9:30 am – 1 p.m.
Cumberland Presbyterian Church 8207 Traditional Place, Cordova 38016 Mon - Thurs 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Fri 8 a.m.-noon.
Eyewear Gallery 428 Perkins Ext. Memphis, TN (901) 763-2020
Mon - Thur 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.