City-Wide Feeding Day
To kick off Hunger Action Month, Mid-South Food Bank will be feeding 5,000 people in one day!
The City-Wide Feeding Day is presented by United Healthcare and is set for August 27, 2021, in the Liberty Bowl parking lot.
September is Hunger Action Month and the goal is to bring awareness to hunger insecurity in our area. Right now, 15.6% or 320,400 people in the Mid-South struggle to purchase enough nutritious food to live a healthy life.
Due to federal funding restrictions, The City-Wide Feeding Day is open to all Tennessee residents only. Children, families, and seniors in need will also have access to household items such as cleaning supplies as well as diapers, period products, and adult incontinences products through the Food Bank’s Bare Needs Diaper Bank program.
We need your help!
Mid-South Food Bank needs more sponsors to provide enough healthy food for 5,000 people. If you're interested in sponsoring the City-Wide Feeding Day, contact Director of Agency Relations and Program Services, Louis Vick, at email@example.com or 901-373-0413.
Click for Sponsorship Information
We also need 250 volunteers! Mid-South Food Bank cannot feed the need without volunteers. You are essential to our mission and a valuable team member. If you would like to help by volunteering on August 27th, contact the Director of Volunteer Services, Clif Rockett, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-373-0400.
Click for Volunteer Information
Do you need food assistance?
Anyone who needs assistance is encouraged to pre-register at the following locations and times.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021, from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- North Frayser Community Center – 255 St. Elmo Ave., Memphis, TN 38127
- The Life of Liberty – 749 Tate Ave., Memphis, TN 38126
- Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library – 3030 Poplar Ave., Memphis, TN 38111
Tuesday, August 17, 2021, from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Mid-South Food Bank – 3865 S. Perkins Rd., Memphis, TN 38118
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING FOR REGISTRATION:
- Photo ID and other proof of residency required
- Ink pens (blue or black) to fill out an application
The City-Wide Feed Day Mobile Pantry is ONLY open to Tennessee residents who qualify for:
- SNAP benefits (food stamps)
- Supplement Security Income (SSI)
- Public Housing
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- OR who are willing to complete and sign a Self-Declaration of Income statement showing total household income is below the poverty level.
When: August 27, 2021, starting at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium - The website will be updated with a map for directions to the parking lot.
Information and restrictions:
- No more than 3 HOUSEHOLDS per car
- No Walk-Up’s, only Vehicle Traffic
- Ability to register the day of the event
- Registration & Distribution for all Tennessee Residents ONLY
- first come first served
If you need help before then, click here for our Mobile Pantry distribution schedule, or click here to find a partner agency in your area.
Contact us by filling out the form below: