Every September marks Hunger Action Month (HAM) – a national initiative, established by Feeding America, designed to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger. With the help of the caring members of our communities, awareness is raised for those who struggle with hunger and food insecurity – those who don’t know where their next meal will come from. During Hunger Action Month, you can help raise awareness of hunger in the region.
Some awesome ways to get inspired include:
• Hosting a food and funds drive
* Contributing via Easy Ways to Support the fight v. hunger
* Sign up to volunteer/learn more about food insecurity and Mid-South Food Bank
• Sporting orange, the color representing the fight v. hunger, throughout Sept., esp. on Sept. 3 - Hunger Action Day
• Sharing your social media message of how hunger would affect you and how you can help with an Empty Plate photos (below). Click- On An Empty Stomach I Can't .... And Click- But I Can .... To Help End Hunger