Warehouse Manager- Receiving (full time)
Job Summary: Responsible for all aspects of warehouse operations, inventory management, safety, security, housekeeping, sanitation, maintenance of facilities and equipment as well as staffing and employee development. Duties include scheduling warehouse services, directing assignments, maintaining inventory controls and recordkeeping, ensuring compliance with regulations and procedures, managing efficient operations in all areas, overseeing warehouse personnel.
Responsibilities: Warehouse Operations
- Ensure the safe, efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facilities and equipment. Plan and schedule all warehouse services including appropriately receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned and/ or damaged goods, reclamation, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure Mid-South Food Bank and Feeding America requirements are met in an efficient manner. Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily labor schedules. Make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations. Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met.
- Continually maintain professional and courteous relationships and communication with all donors.
- Maintain working relationships that ensure the success of Food Bank programs. This includes maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with community representatives, volunteers, Food Bank management and staff.
- Develop and maintain a space utilization plan to meet prescribed cost and efficiency standards. Monitor the space layout plan regularly to ensure it continues to meet Feeding America standards. Develop and implement an effective product locator system and update as necessary.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all products. Using the FIFO (first-in-first-out) system, ensure the inventory is wholesome and useable. Maintain accurate inventory counts and complete reports as requested.
- Assure that orders are picked, staged, and/or shipped in a timely fashion within prescribed cost levels. Develop and maintain an effective receiving operation that minimizes cost and ensures receiving and receipting of paperwork is processed accurately and promptly. Follow Feeding America reporting requirements.
Safety, Security, Housekeeping, and Sanitation
- Ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment, and property. Provide safety instruction to personnel as needed (formal/informal). Complete required reports for all work-related injuries and submit management immediately. Provide immediate medical attention to injured employees as necessary. Assure compliance with appropriate government regulations.
- Maintain sanitation program by ensuring daily cleaning and rodent and pest control procedures are followed.
Facilities and Equipment
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure efficient operation and utilization of all Food Bank equipment. Monitor the cleanliness and working conditions of all equipment including but not limited to freezers, coolers, forklifts, and pallet jacks. Oversee all equipment adjustments and/or repair as necessary. On a monthly basis, report utilization to management. Adjust the quantity and type of equipment to meet business needs and minimize costs. Develop and implement an equipment maintenance program.
Staffing and Employee Development
- Manage the operations of warehouse personnel to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team by supporting the Food Bank’s policies for hiring, training, and professional development. Match the skills and backgrounds of personnel to the work required. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, maintain programs to supervise, counsel, and discipline subordinates. Maintain an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
Other duties as assigned
- At least two (2) years of college; minimum of five (5) years in a warehouse environment; food warehousing and training desired
- Experience in warehouse management and broad knowledge of warehouse operations
- Ability to maintain organized and detailed records
- A broad range of management skills with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, planning, team building and multi-tasking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and inventory control/database management software
- Strong communications skills. Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to pass a Safe Food Handling certification course
- Forklift certification
- Acceptance of philosophy of food banking Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Warehouse Manager in subject line. Or, download the Employment Application and email: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Employment Application" on subject line.
Warehouse Worker (full time)
- Receive, inspect and properly weigh and/or count all incoming products
- Pull orders
- Load and unload deliveries and shipments
- Maintain orderly and clean work area in compliance with Food Bank safety and sanitation policies; ensure that the warehouse facility meets Feeding America and Memphis and Shelby County Health Department’s guidelines by assisting in daily cleaning as well as the maintenance of the outside perimeters
- Ensure that equipment is clean and operating properly
- Work with volunteer groups as needed
- Maintain working relationships that ensure the success of The Food Bank programs. This includes maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, Food Bank management and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write legibly and perform basic math
- Demonstrated attention to detail, knowledge of good record keeping procedures and the ability to maintain accurate and legible records and current files
- Prior warehouse, production, food service experience preferred
- Ability to withstand below freezing temperatures for short periods of time (thermal insulated suit is provided)
- Ability to operate a forklift and a manual or powered pallet jack, forklift certification required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to successfully complete a Safe Food Handling Course
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Ability to work well with donor, volunteers, agency representatives, volunteers, senior aides and other Food Bank staff
- Acceptance of philosophy of food banking
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Warehouse Worker in subject line. Or, download the Employment Application and email: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Employment Application" on subject line.
VISTA Retail Store Donation Program Member
Duties: • Identify target stores by using the RSDP Opportunity Report provided by Feeding America • Create an onsite visitation plan. • Create a store donation toolkit used when visiting stores. • Create and maintain a contact data base. • Become familiar with the receipt process for tracking and reporting donated pounds of food. • Work with Agency Relations to establish a process for managing agencies participating in RSDP. • Establish guidelines for Food Bank staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines. • Act as liaison between agencies and stores to increase donation frequency. • Develop a plan to recognize retailers, working with Food Bank communications staff for food bank newsletter, website, social media, awards, etc. • Develop and maintain a weekly activity report on donor visits and store-level interactions. • Learn and develop a program for agency personnel on the use of Online Marketplace for RSDP.
Program Benefits : Health Coverage* , Training , Relocation Allowance , Living Allowance , Stipend .
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA and to apply, visit:
Terms: Permits attendance at school during off hours , Permits working at another job during off hours , Car recommended .
Service Areas: Hunger , Health , Community Outreach .
Skills : organizational skills , Team Work , Social Services , Recruitment , General Skills .
VISTA SNAP Outreach Program Members (2)
Duties : Essential Function and Responsibilities: • To work with the Director of Programs and Agency Relations Manager to develop a plan for SNAP outreach, strategies, SNAP education and training and promote it to our partner agencies. • Build and maintain relationships with Food Bank partner agencies in order to implement SNAP program to our agencies. • Learn applicable software to be able to train agency representatives how to process SNAP applications. • Maintain all activity files for education and to track client files for the SNAP benefit applications sent and approved. • Maintain contact with agencies as necessary for gathering information and resolving issues. • Monitor Federal and State policies to assess possible barriers and/or opportunities. • Maintain communication with potential referral and collaboration partners. • Track SNAP applications as part of the Food Bank's Meal Per Person in Need (MPIN) using the SNAP Calculator.
Program Benefits : Health Coverage* , Living Allowance , Stipend , Relocation Allowance , Training .
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA and to apply, visit:
Terms : Permits working at another job during off hours , Car recommended , Permits attendance at school during off hours .
Service Areas: Homelessness , Health , Hunger , Community Outreach .
Skills : General Skills , Recruitment, Social Services , Team Work , Organizational Skills .
VISTA PantryTrak Development Member
Duties: • To work with the Director of Programs and Agency Relations Manager to develop PantryTrak education to our partner agencies. • Learn applicable PantryTrak program. • Build and maintain relationships with Food Bank Partner Agencies to determine which agencies have the capacity to use PantryTrak. • Work with the Agency Relations Manager to develop a plan to train partner agencies in the use of PantryTrak. • Maintain a spreadsheet or other device to track agencies that have been trained. • Maintain contact with agencies as necessary for gathering information and resolving issues. • Maintain communication with partner agencies with potential future collaboration.
Program Benefits : Health Coverage* , Living Allowance , Relocation Allowance , Stipend , Training .
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA and to apply, visit:
Terms : Car recommended , Permits attendance at school during off hours , Permits working at another job during off hours . Service Areas : Health , Hunger , Community Outreach , Community and Economic Development .
Skills : Public Speaking , Recruitment , Teaching/Tutoring .
Verify and code and deposit log sheets, enter into Quickbooks; file deposit checks, copies, log sheets and reports, verify deposit entries to bank statement; reconcile donations monthly to Development Department.
Open and date stamp vendor invoices, obtain appropriate approvals, code invoices according to budgeted categories, calculate allocations for shared expenses, enter into Quickbooks, run batch reports, match checks, invoices, payment stubs and payment records, mail checks, file all documentation.
Prepare and enter monthly journal entries, prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, prepare and submit grant and contract invoices, prepare monthly allocations and reports.